- Ragging has ruined countless innocent lives and careers. In order to eradicate it, Honâ€™ble Supreme Court in Civil Appeal No. 887 of 2009, passed the judgement wherein guidelines were issued for setting up of a Central Crisis Hotline and Anti-Ragging database.
- In accordance with the orders, UGC (University Grants Commission), Govt. of India has developed a web portal of Anti Ragging.
This portal will contain
- Undertaking confirmed by each student and his/her parents or guardians, which will then be stored electronically and will contain the details of each student.
- Record of registered complaints received and the status of the action taken.
- The aim of the portal is to eliminate ragging in all its forms from universities, deemed universities and other higher educational institutions in the country. This will be achieved by preventing its occurrence and punishing those who indulge in ragging, in accordance with the Supreme Court Regulations.
Anti Ragging Committee-GBU
Anti Ragging Committee will monitor the measures taken by the college for prevention of ragging, will look
into the specific instances of ragging and complaints of ragging; and suggest appropriate action /
punishment against individuals who indulge in ragging.
As per Letter No GBU-002/Admin./2.1/2019-4740 dated 19,July,2019 from the office of Registrar(Gautam Buddha University) following Faculty members are assigned the responsibility given for Minority Cell:
- Dr. Rama Sharma (Chairperson)
- Dr. Jai Prakash Muyal (Vice-Chairperson)
- Dr. Satpal Sharma (Member)
- Dr. Sushil Kumar (Member)
- Dr. Manisha Sharma (Member)
- Dr. Mausumi Pohit (Member)
- Dr. Pankaj Deep (Member)
- Dr. Deepali Singh (Member)
- Dr. Vimlesh Kumar (Member)
- Mr. Vikram Singh Yadav (Member)
National Anti Ragging Help Line
National Anti Ragging Help Line (UGC Crisis Hotline 24x7)
Toll Free Number* 1800-180-5522